Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rest in Peace and Beauty




I am participating in Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydreamer. Be sure and check out all the great outdoor posts.


I thought this was a breathtaking sight. A dear friend of mine was traveling and came across this little country cemetery and had the foresight to get pictures for me. Hats off to Nancy!! The flowers are our Texas State Flower, Texas Bluebonnets(Lupine). I have about a two acre pasture that I am thinking about seeding with bluebonnets---it would be a good addition to my bluebird trail.

Thanks for stopping in~~Lisha

3 comments:

Ms. Bake-it said...

As soon as I saw the first picture, I knew it was Texas! When I first moved to NE Texas, I was amazed at all the blue bonnets and wildflowers along the roads and in all the fields! So nice of Nancy to share these beautiful photos!

~ Tracy

Lisha said...

Tracy, thank you for stopping in and taking the time to leave a comment. I just recently published my blog and am new at this.
This is always a pretty time in Texas because along side of alot of the highways are the Bluebonnets, Gaillardia, and Indian Paintbrush~~~so pretty~~~Lisha.

CailinMarie said...

these are breathtaking!
wonderful-
CailinMarie
http://cailinyates.blogspot.com