Tuesday, May 25, 2010

OREO COWS ??











I am home from a wonderful visit and I thought I would share just a few road trip pictures that I took on my way back.
Check out those cows! Nicknamed oreo cows; at least here in Texas. These were along the highway on a ranch near Hico. I wish I had been in a position to get better pictures. Another name for them is a Beltie. They are actually a cross between Black Galloways and Dutch Belteds. Oreo cows.... they make me smile!

Check out the size of that Rocking Chair, actually made from wood. The Western Furniture Mercantile is between Stephenville, Tx and Interstate 20. It is a really neat place filled with western items, and also has barbecue.
Loved this old classic car....what do you think?? Be sure and check out more Outdoor Wednesday posts at A Southern Daydreamer.

Thanks so much for stopping in~~~~~~Lisha

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Oreo cows, that's funny! Great captures!

Tink *~*~* said...

That big one must be a "Double-Stuff Oreo" LOL ;)

Tink *~*~*

LV said...

My first time to visit your blog. I am glad I found you as it is very nice. I enjoyed seeing things along the way on your trip. My sister and I are planning a trip to Hico net month. I love it down that way. I participate in Pink Saturday. I would like to introduce you on this coming Saturday. You will enjoy seeing all the pinks that are shown. Beverly our hostess at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog is one of the nicest ladies you would ever want to visit. Also, I am joining the others as one of your followers.

Unknown said...

I always called them happy cows. You can't help but laugh everytime you see them. First time I said "ahhh there's the happy cows" Jason wondered what the heck? Now we both laugh everytime as we go by and say "ahhh there goes our happy cows".

LV said...

Lisha, you do not have to do anything for this Saturday's pink presentation. On Saturday just go to my blog and you will get a better grasp of what I did. If you would later on like to participate in Pink Saturday, you can go to Beverly's blog for instructions. She makes real easy for us. See you Saturday.