Thursday, May 27, 2010

GARDEN GIRL











I know, I am posting alittle early for Show and Tell Friday but..... our youngest daughter is expecting, any day now. So....if you miss me, it will be because I am lovin on that new grandbaby!

Now, first up for Show and Tell Friday is my "garden girl". I ran across the little flowered overall dress a few years back and have had it all this time just waiting till I made her for a garden. I love it...but....I had a hard time getting use to her being there. Everytime I caught her out of the corner of my eye, it startled me! Thought somebody was standing there(I live in the country which even made it alittle more unsettling) I will share more pics of her later as that bed fills in and is worthy~~~lol.

I am always taking pictures around the yard and snapped this shot of the honeysuckles. You can almost smell their sweet fragrance. I love them.....takes me back to when I was a little girl. Our porch was enclosed in honeysuckle and the fragrance filled the air..........along with bees and wasps!! lol

We have a pretty park here that I took a picture of and a cute pair of ducks that always run to greet you! Look at that little tuft of hair -no...I guess it would be tuft of feathers on his head. I thought that was unusual.

Last but not least are these cute Zonkeys, nose to nose. I believe they were having a standoff....for a cute little female nearby. (Zonkeys are a cross between a Zebra and a Donkey--they are quite pricey little animals!)
Oh my....I just noticed after already posting that my pictures were all supposed to be from my home or garden. Please forgive sorry about that!
Hope you enjoyed a little of my this and that on Show and Tell Friday over at Cindy's My Romantic Home . Be sure and check out all the other great posts.
I would love to hear from you. Have a wonderful day~~~~~~Lisha

9 comments:

LV said...

What a cute post. I love the donkeys/Zonkeys. They are just stealing a little kiss. I wish you, the mother and the expected new arrival the best.

Gabrielle Mader said...

Honeycycle..I bet that smells good!! Zonkeys..have never heard of them..thanks for sharing..congrats on you grandbaby coming...

It's Just Dottie said...

I have a garden girl also in my garden. I think our two girls would be best friends!
So sweet.
Dottie

The Charm of Home said...

That is funny that your garden girl "stares at you." She looks wonderful. I love that she is so fashionable! Have a great weekend!

Olga Poltava said...

Such beautiful pictures, so peaceful. I especially like the last one. What a cute shot.

Charlotte said...

Beautiful pictures! I especially love the Zonkeys! I am a new follower sent here by LV from Thoughts from Meme's Corner.

Cindy said...

What a cute garden girl! Enjoy your new grandbaby! How exciting!

Cindy said...

What a cute garden girl! Enjoy your new grandbaby! How exciting!

Kathy said...

Hello! Love your garden girl and the Zonkeys are funny!
Hope to see more!
God Bless,
Kathy