Tuesday, July 6, 2010

OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY

I am participating in Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydreamer. Be sure and drop by there and check out all the great "outdoor" posts.

I am sharing with you some pictures I have taken, that I thought you might like. I have never taken the time to find out what type butterfly this was on my pentas, but isn't it beautiful?




This little guy was on my porch playing around and I could not resist getting a close-up!









This little swallow raised two families under our porch eave~~if you have ever had these around, you know how determined they are!!




These guys love red ants!! They are so prehistoric looking. When I was a little girl, my grandmother would catch them and we would put them to sleep by turning them over and rubbing their neck and stomach. I believe they are actually on our Texas Endangered Species list. I know you cannot transport them across the state line. Probably all the pesticides have threatened their existance....sad.....



And lastly, this little nest that I found in my small plum tree-only about 7 feet tall and probably 2 and a half feet wide. I was able to look right into the nest-mom flew off temporarily. Not sure what type bird; I think some sort of wren though. I have stayed away since, so not to disturb her. The eggs are just about the size of the end of your finger--teeny tiny!!


Love to hear from you~ hope you enjoyed~ have a nice day~~~Lisha



4 comments:

It's Just Dottie said...

OH! What wonderful pictures! Just looking at them made my day happier!
Dottie

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

What beautiful photos! Love them!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a beautiful blog ya'll have over here. Thank you so much for the shingle info in your email. My first case of shingles when I was in my early forties and I've had them since but nothin' like this round, I'll soon be 58. I've researched the boogers to death and never ran across this treatment. I'll check into it. As soon as I get healed up I'm gonna check into the shot. I understand it doesn't always keep you from gettin' shingles but if you do develop an outbreak it's not suppose to be as bad. Again, thanks for takin' time to email me.

God bless ya and come visit anytime, the door at the Ponderosa is always open.

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Lisha, Beautiful butterfly, scary lizard. Thank goodness, no lizards in Illinois. We have plenty of squirrels, but I have never seen a bird like the one in your photo. Always nice to visit. Love, Penny