Wednesday, May 18, 2011

SURPRISED BY A WELCOME VISITOR

Hope you all have been having a wonderful spring! I am participating in Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydream. Be sure and check out all the wonderful posts. Just wanted to share who has been stopping in at my backyard feeder!! He is a very welcome handsome visitor....very shy and elusive. Painted Buntings will be gone in a instant if startled. I have been keeping an eye out for the female, but have yet to see her. Maybe she is nesting and there will be little painted buntings!










I think he is one of the prettiest birds I have ever seen. The female is also unusually pretty...being a pale lime green.

Wishing you a wonderful spring and summer filled with surprises also! Please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
He's a very handsome fellow. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

cherry said...

I love the Painted buntings the coloring of the male is so beautiful and fun to watch great shots.
hugs from Savannah, Cherry

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Lisha, I'm in the midwest and have never seen such a colorful bird. Always nice to see a new post from you. Love, Penny